Newsletter – December 2020March 24, 2021
Newsletter – April 2021April 3, 2021
A DREAM turned into REALITY.
A FULLY-FUNDED PROGRAM PROGRAM FOR THE FINANCIALLY CHALLENGED STUDENTS OF NOSY BE.
It is with great joy that I am informing you about the opening of our Vocational Hotel School In Nosy Be, Madagascar
Nosy Be, a paradisiac island (a must visit place!) where people come from across the globe to visit the rarest animals such as the lemurs, water turtles, chameleons and butterflies. It has the best corals and is one of the best place in the world for scuba diving. Nosy Be is also known as "l’Iles aux Parfums" being the main producer of Vanilla (Coca Cola being the best client), the Ylang Ylang flowers used by some renowned fragrance brands such as Guerlain, Hermès and Dior. Although the tropical island holds these unique items, the population of Nosy Be (total of 109,000) still lives under the poverty limit.
In hopes of supporting the Nosy Be youth, we have finally opened the doors of our Vocational Hotel School this month and we aim to educate and prepare our students to enter the Hospitality industry. Additionally, upon graduating from the 12-month program, we will help them find an internship and secure a permanent job within the industry.
The first cohort has joined in and the first week ended on a high note. It is encouraging to observe that not only some these students are super intelligent but are also avidly learning and grasping all that they are taught.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank a few of you who have been a tremendous help in this project:
• Angelique – Thank you for contributing so many hours to give our students English conversation sessions three times a week in our online E-cademy opened since last October. Honestly, you have been amazing and very patient. The students are in awe of you.
• Bessie – Thank you for your help in the special section in the website. That helped me to get where I wanted it to be. Your passion for this kind of project as the Wings of Change uplifts my motivation.
• Sanaz – Thank you for developing our website, we wouldn’t have known where to begin without your invaluable help! And above this, Sanaz has become their mentor in teaching computer classes. These students had never touched the keyboard and today, after having accomplished the online course and obtained a certificate, they are now at the vocational Hotel school where Sanaz walks in once a week and spends a few hours patiently and diligently moving them forward.
• Orsi – Thank you for preparing an awesome program and coaching the students to draft their resumes and apply for internships. Orsi will be preparing the students for their internship to be (we will be finding the internship and their first permanent job).
• Isabelle – Thank you for your prompt support every time I came and knocked at your door. It kept me going and moving forward. I am glad I stayed focused on this project for one year and brought it to reality. Isabelle with you joining us in mentoring and passing on your expertise to the new generation, I am certain that these students will go very far and will always remember you.
• Catherine – Your help in correcting all my French translations took a big weight off my shoulders. This has been a huge help. Students will be thrilled to realize your dream of visiting the lemurs whenever you are ready!